Participate in our clinical trial
Arizona and Florida residents could be eligible to get no-cost addiction treatment and contribute to research on methamphetamine use disorder
In partnership with the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Affect Therapeutics is running a clinical trial of its methamphetamine use disorder treatment system in Florida and Arizona. The purpose of the trial is to refine the digital treatment and analyze aspects of the program most highly associated with positive participant outcomes, including sustained abstinence from methamphetamine use.
As a participant, you’ll receive eight weeks of treatment, during which you’ll be asked to attend group and individual therapy, self-administered drug screens, and app-based challenges. You’ll also be asked to participate in focus groups and other feedback sessions, both during the eight weeks and at periodic intervals thereafter.
The time commitment is roughly four hours a week during the eight weeks, and you’ll have the opportunity to earn up to $350 in incentives for participation in the program. All aspects of the program are conducted digitally over your smartphone.
We are looking for eligible individuals who reside in Florida and Arizona and wish to stop their meth use to participate in our clinical trial.
Program services are provided at no cost for research participants and you can earn up $350 for participating.
To meet the basic eligibility requirements, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be located in Arizona or Florida
- Have medical insurance (to cover medication, if recommended)
- Be able to read and understand English
- Be an active meth user with an intent to quit
- Have a smartphone and be capable of using apps
- Have a mailing address
- Not be experiencing any serious medical conditions
- Not suffer from a severe co-occurring opiate addiction
- Not currently be enrolled in any other addiction treatment program (inpatient or outpatient)