Digital Treatment and Rewards Work Better for Alcohol Addiction
People stay with their recovery program longer and see more days sober sooner
Alcohol addiction is a serious issue that affects millions of Americans. In recent years, the use of telehealth and contingency management has emerged as a promising way to help people overcome their addiction and achieve sobriety. Affect is the first all-digital treatment program using contingency management that can be done completely from a smartphone app. But why are telehealth and contingency management the best way to get sober compared to traditional alcohol treatment programs, and how can they help you achieve your goals? Let’s explore.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth refers to the use of technology to deliver health care services, including addiction treatment. Telehealth services are typically delivered through video conferencing, phone calls, text messaging, and other electronic means. This allows patients to receive addiction treatment from the comfort of their own homes, which can be especially beneficial for those who live in rural or remote areas or who have difficulty accessing traditional addiction treatment services.
Telehealth addiction treatment can include a range of services, such as counseling, therapy, medication management, and support groups. These services are typically delivered by licensed professionals who specialize in addiction treatment.
What is Contingency Management?
Contingency management is an evidence-based treatment approach that uses positive reinforcement to encourage sobriety. This approach involves rewarding patients for achieving certain goals related to sobriety, such as attending therapy sessions, passing drug tests, and avoiding alcohol and drug use.
The rewards used in contingency management can include vouchers for goods and services, such as food or clothing, or privileges, such as the ability to watch a movie or use a phone. The rewards are given out immediately after the patient achieves the desired goal, which helps to reinforce positive behavior and encourage continued sobriety.
Why Telehealth and Contingency Management are the Best Way to Get Sober
Telehealth and contingency management are the best way to get sober for several reasons:
- Accessibility: Telehealth addiction treatment services are accessible to anyone with an internet connection or phone. This means that people who live in remote or rural areas, have physical disabilities or mobility issues, or have difficulty accessing traditional addiction treatment services can still receive the help they need.
- Convenience: Telehealth addiction treatment services can be delivered from the comfort of a patient’s home, which can be more convenient than having to travel to a physical location for treatment. This is especially important for people who have busy schedules or who may have difficulty leaving their homes due to childcare or other responsibilities.
- Privacy: Telehealth addiction treatment services offer a higher degree of privacy than traditional addiction treatment services. Patients can attend therapy sessions and support groups from the comfort of their own homes without having to worry about being seen or recognized by others.
- Cost-effective: Telehealth addiction treatment services can be more cost-effective than traditional addiction treatment services. Patients can avoid the costs associated with transportation, childcare, and time off work, which can add up quickly.
- Evidence-based: Both telehealth and contingency management have been shown to be effective in treating alcohol addiction. Research has shown that telehealth addiction treatment services are just as effective as traditional addiction treatment services, and that contingency management can help patients achieve and maintain sobriety.
Telehealth and contingency management are the best way to get sober for people struggling with alcohol addiction, proven by scientific evidence and research. These innovative addiction treatment approaches offer accessibility, convenience, privacy, cost-effectiveness, and evidence-based results.
Affect Therapeutics is the first treatment provider to put an entire licensed and certified treatment program using contingency management into an app so it can be accessed from anywhere. The program motivates people to stay on their sobriety journey longer and they get faster and better results. Our members like the program so much they stay with it more than twice as long as with traditional rehab clinics, and they reduce their use of alcohol by more than half in just 30 days.
If you or someone you know is struggling with alcohol addiction, consider exploring telehealth addiction treatment services and contingency management as a path to achieving sobriety. Reach out to us and let’s talk about how we can help you
Ready to make a change for the better? Reach out to us and let’s get started.