A Better Solution for The Criminal Justice System
Working Together to Solve Addiction Treatment Challenges
Affect Therapeutics works with partners across the criminal justice system to provide a solution that works better. We work with courts and lawyers, case managers, parole and probation officers and more to address their challenges and lighten load that drug and alcohol-related arrests create.
What is the scope of the drug and alcohol problem in criminal justice?
- 85% of the U.S. prison population has a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) or were incarcerated for a crime involving drugs or drug use, according to the Center on Addiction.
- 1.16 million arrests annually are related to drugs.
- Drug related crimes cost society more than $113 billion dollars each year.
- While the cost of incarceration averages $24,000, the average cost of addiction treatment is $4700, according to the NIH.
Affect’s integrated digital program works better for the Criminal Justice system to help prevent recidivism and get people back on track
Affect’s all-digital licensed treatment program solves problems around access to recovery and lowers treatment costs.
Our care coordinators provide members support with health care, medications, jobs, and other life issues to ease the burden on case managers, courts, and parole officers. Robust reporting and monitoring, fast admissions, and quick medical support make getting real help easier for everyone.
With access from anywhere via our app and evidence-based contingency management rewards system, Affect’s program has higher levels of engagement and adherence.
- Financial rewards for recovery progress
- Reduced wait times and fast track admissions
- Robust reporting and monitoring for better supervision
- Integrated case management to help members with healthcare, employment, and housing
- Fast support for Medication Assisted Treatment
- Easy access to treatment from a smartphone app
Providing effective treatment has never been easier to help our criminal justice system at all levels.
How can you help someone with an alcohol or drug-related crime?
Download this brochure to keep handy to make easy referrals.
You can refer members to our program here.